Monday, July 02, 2012
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Sunday, October 04, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
This is a picture of the shards on CiM Kryptonite and Chalcedony. I had quite good bead shapes until I applied the shards, in some cases I found I was pulling the bead out of shape while trying to pull the shard around the bead. I find the CiM glass is softer than the Effetre. However, I think these beads will look quite good when cleaned and made into the bracelet that has started to form itself in my mind, hhmmmmmm.
These three are CiM Kryptonite with some twisties from the same MiniMojo box. I had a hard time trying to decide what colour to use with these twisties, and I wasn't happy with the results so I decided to put the twisties away. I really like twisties on disc beads and disc beads are on my list of shapes to master.
I then decided to revisit a design I was working on before my latest 'break'. During my previous session at the torch I was playing with Rubino Oro and I managed to get some of the lovely deep pink shades that had been eluding me.
I was pleased with these beads at the time. The egg-shape on the far right was an experiment in stringer control and although the shape isn't very good the pattern is great, its quite subtle in this shot.This set is called 'Honeybee' not very original but what else could it be? So, as I said I've had quite a break from the studio and I made the next set at the end of a long session (well it was a long session by my current standards)
I like the colours, I think, but the pattern is not quite as even around the bead as I have achieved in the previous attempts. The main thing is that I have had a really good glassy session that I thoroughly enjoyed. I should have been designing some new workshops but hey there's always tommorrow!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Oh dear this photo hasn't come out very well. The base of this bead is Lapis with Nile Green and Smurfy stacked dots. I then encased the bead and lost the shape so I used my trusty mashers and nuggetised (new word). The result is a lot more pleasing to look at in the flesh. I did make more beads but they aren't worthy of even the slightest glimpse. I just wasn't getting in the flow today.
There is a bit of an update on the knitting front although its not good news. I finished the back section the other night and was lovingly inspecting my handy work when I spotted a dropped stitch on the moss stitch band at the bottom!!!!!!!!!!! I will admit I did swear, and I haven't looked at it since. I am hoping that mum can do a 'fix' for me, I am a perfectionist though so I am debating starting again with it......
Have a good week. Mum and I are going to Select at Bath, to look at the goodies and to consider whether we should go down the wholesale route, who knows we might exhibiting next year.
Monday, April 20, 2009
This is the back, just a couple of inches to go and I can start on the arm holes. I don't think I would have attempted this if I didn't have access to a pro-knitter (thanks mum).
I have also got some beady pics to show:
Aqua Daisies, these are made with Effetre Ivory and Light Turquoise. I really like the way you get the grey/brown outline as the glass reacts. The next set 'Navy Batik Daisies' using Effetre Cobalt Blue and Ivory:
I am really pleased with the next set of beads. They are bigger and a slightly different shape to the ones I usually make. I am aiming for round beads rather than doughnut shapes. I used this tutorial as a guide, thanks Diana
I am really pleased with the way these turned out. However, as this is a new size/shape for me I found it difficult to space the dots evenly around the beads.
The next bead is a brightly coloured jolly chap:
That's all for now, we did buy some new CiM glass and some frit blends so I hope to get in the studio and play with them some time soon.